The 3rd International Pickleball Tournament Holland will take place from May 25 - May 27 2018 in the Topsportcentrum Almere! It will be a very international event with probably more than 200 players.
After two successful tournaments in the centre of Amsterdam (for an impression look at this little movie made by Jennifer Lucore) we were in need of a venue with more courts. We're very happy that we've found this beautiful topsportcentre in Almere where we have 16 courts available, a very nice cafe and the facility to have a dinner saturdaynight.
The venue lies next to trainstation Almere Poort, with direct connections to almost all stations in Amsterdam). At our 'where to stay' page we've collected a lot of ideas with good connections to the venue.
It will be a skill level tournament (no age groups) and you can play singles* (friday afternoon), doubles* (saturday) and/or mixed doubles (sunday). In singles you'll play at least 3 games and in doubles at least 4. Minimum age is 16 years.
*at this moment we don't have any spots left in the singles and women doubles event but we can put you on a waiting list.
- one event € 32,-,
- two events: € 52,-,
- three events: € 65,-.*
- this includes free play Wednesdaynight in Amsterdam, free play Thursdaynight in Haarlem, a free guided walking tour through Haarlem Thursday afternoon and a free guided walking tour through Amsterdam Friday morning.
- diner saturdaynight: € 20,-
- tournament t-shirt: € 10,-
- payment by Pay Pal: € 2,-
- cancellation €10,- till April 15 2018 and after that €20,-
- Deadline for registration: April 15 2018
Announcement: Registration is closed for players from the United Kingdom.
We would like our tournament to be as international as possible, not only to create an opportunity for Dutch pickleballplayers to meet people from abroad but also to support new pickleball countries. For that reason we will limit the amount of players from the same country and we'll save spots for players from new countries and for Dutch players. We have already so many players from the UK, that we had to decide to stop with the registration of everybody from the UK. We're very sorry. The only thing we can do is put you on the reserve list and when we have spots left we'll send you a message. That wil not before the end of April 2018.
How many players?
In the singles tournament* we have room for 28 women and 44 men. You can only register for the reservelist for the singles now. In the mens and women doubles for 54 couples each and in the mixed doubles we can have about 100 teams. We'll make a reserve list if there's no room left in a certain event.
Wednesday May 23 : pickleball evening in Amsterdam, Sportshall de Pijp
Thursday May 24:
- afternoon: a free guided walking tour through Haarlem and from 5-8 pm outdoor (or indoor) play with Pickleball Haarlem.
Friday May 25:
- morning: a free guided walking tour through Amsterdam
- 3-7 pm singles tournament
- 6 -9 pm: registration and free play for all participants,referee clinic, meet old and new pickleballfriends and playing partners.
Saturday May 26:
- 9 am - 7 pm: men's and women's doubles
- 7.30 pm: dinner in the topsportcentre Almere
Sunday May 27:
- 9 am - 6 pm: mixed doubles
Join our facebookgroup: Pickleball Tournament Holland 2018
Venue: Topsportcentrum Almere Public transport the Netherlands
Tournament directors: Bernadette Snijders Blok & Carine Thesingh
Tournament committee: Bart van Baere, Corien Blommestein, Evelyn Giesbers, Jiske Groeneveld, Loes Zijp, Margriet Snijders Blok and a group of students.