The 3rd International Pickleball Tournament Holland will take place from May 25 - May 27 2018 in the Topsportcentrum Almere! It will be a very international event with probably more than 200 players.
After two successful tournaments in the centre of Amsterdam (for an impression look at this little movie made by Jennifer Lucore) we were in need of a venue with more courts. We're very happy that we've found this beautiful topsportcentre in Almere where we have 16 courts available, a very nice cafe and the facility to have a dinner saturdaynight.
The venue lies next to trainstation Almere Poort, with direct connections to almost all stations in Amsterdam). At our 'where to stay' page we've collected a lot of ideas with good connections to the venue.
It will be a skill level tournament (no age groups) and you can play singles (friday afternoon), doubles (saturday) and/or mixed doubles (sunday). In singles you'll play at least 3 games and in doubles at least 4. Minimum age is 16 years.
- one event € 32,-,
- two events: € 52,-,
- three events: € 65,-.
- this includes free play Wednesdaynight in Amsterdam, free play Thursdaynight in Haarlem, a free guided walking tour through Haarlem Thursday afternoon and a free guided walking tour through Amsterdam Friday morning.
- special Amsterdam Pickleball Players water bottle join the pipe : € 5,-
- diner saturdaynight: € 20,-
- tournament t-shirt: € 10,-
- payment by Pay Pal: € 2,-
- cancellation €10,- till April 15 2018 and after that €20,-
Registration starts August 15 2017.
We would like our tournament to be as international as possible and an opportunity for Dutch pickle ballplayers to meet people from abroad. For that reason we will limit the amount of players from the same country and we'll save spots for players from new countries and for Dutch players.
In the singles tournament we have room for 32 women and 32 men. In the mens and women doubles for 50 couples each and in the mixed doubles we can have about 100 teams. We'll make a waiting list if there's no room left in a certain event.
Wednesday May 23 : pickleball evening in Amsterdam, Sportshall de Pijp
Thursday May 24:
- afternoon: a free guided walking tour through Haarlem and after that outdoor (or indoor) play with Pickleball Haarlem.
Friday May 25:
- morning: a free guided walking tour through Amsterdam
- 3-7 pm singles tournament
- 6 -9 pm: registration and free play for all participants,referee clinic, meet old and new pickleballfriends and playing partners.
Saturday May 26:
- 9 am - 7 pm: men's and women's doubles
- 7.30 pm: dinner in the topsportcentre Almere
Sunday May 27:
- 9 am - 6 pm: mixed doubles
Join our facebookgroup: Pickleball Tournament Holland 2018
Venue: Topsportcentrum Almere Public transport the Netherlands
Tournament directors: Bernadette Snijders Blok & Carine Thesingh
Tournament committee: Bart van Baere, Corien Blommestein, Evelyn Giesbers, Jiske Groeneveld, Loes Zijp, Margriet Snijders Blok and a group of students.